Wednesday, July 12, 2006

A World Famous Moron

Every blogger dreams about getting thousands of daily hits, getting hundreds of comments to every posting he writes. Well, Anti-abortion zealot Pete at March Together for Life has discovered how to build a huge audience for his every entry - be a World Class Moron.

It start last Thursday when Little Petey discovered this article at the Onion. Pete believed it. He climbed upon his high horse and wrote a bizzare reply, utterly unable to recognize the Onion is satire and that both work and author were fiction. While Pete's writing is side-splitting in its naiveté, it is the comments that make this a blogosphere classic.

But Pete is no one-hit-wonder. He can't let go, defending himself time and again he has pasted a huge "kick me" sign to his butt. Sometimes I think that maybe we are bullying some poor sap, but then I remember that this is a guy who gets his rocks off from bullying pregnant women. He deserves everything he gets.

My heartfelt thanks to Skippy the Bush Kangaroo for pointing the way to my biggest laugh of the week.

UPDATE: Pete has taken down his comments, in part because his private information had been published and he was getting unwanted phone calls. I believe people's privacy must be protected from government intrusion. I also believe that it should be a crime when someone's privacy is violated for reasons of business, recreation, or intimidation. I don't apologize for laughing at you, Pete. But, on behalf of the decent people of the world, I do apologize for the turds who violated your personal space. You didn't deserve that, no one does.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And the hole gets deeper and deeper. Time to stop digging Pete.