Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Republican Philosophers

  1. If the opposition disarms, well and good. If it refuses to disarm, we shall disarm it ourselves.
  2. The people who cast the votes don't decide an election, the people who count the votes do.
  3. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun.
  4. Any alliance whose purpose is not the intention to wage war is senseless and useless.
  5. As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice.
  6. By the skillful and sustained use of propaganda, one can make a people see even heaven as hell or an extremely wretched life as paradise.
  7. I believe today that my conduct is in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator.
  8. It is not truth that matters, but victory.
  9. Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it.
  10. I just want you to know that, when we talk about war, we're really talking about peace.

Sources: Lenin: 1 & 2; Mao: 3; Hitler: 4-9; George Bush: 10.

No comments: