Friday, October 24, 2008

McCain Campaign Worker Self-Mutilates

I stayed away from the story of the white woman who alleged she was robbed and had a "B" carved into her face by a black attacker. I found myself agreeing with Michelle Malkin (God, how weird is that) that it didn't pass the smell test but I wasn't going to speculate it was a fraud in case I was wrong. I've played the rumor game a couple times before and it always bites me in the ass.

That didn't stop some right-wing bloggers (like Ace of Spades and Melissa Cloutier) from going bat-shit crazy over the story. It turns out the woman was just trying to help the McCain campaign by pretending to be the victim of a racially/politically motivated attack. Faced with police evidence she had lied she now admits she made the whole thing up.

I have to admire her dedication. I wouldn't slam my face into a door and carve up my cheek for any political candidate, let alone face jail for filing a false police report. No politician is that good. Talk about drinking the Kool-Aid.

Wonkette followed the entire saga.

No comments: