Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Six More Days

I feel like I'm waking from a horrible nightmare. My sheets are drenched with terror-sweat. Horrible, unspeakable thing have been happening and I have been hopelessly trapped within them. I'm still in that nether world where I can't tell the difference between dream and reality, between being awake and still sleeping. I am afraid to open my eye because I am terrified I will discover my nightmare is reality.

I can't know with certainty whether the nightmare will truly end or whether the nightmare is all that is left of life. The nightmare seemed so real for so long. Will it end? Can it end? As the first rays of daylight strike me I feel the faint glimmer of something, perhaps it is optimism.Can I hope? Dare I hope that my long nightmare is ending?

No comments: