Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Blackwater Prison Blues

When I was just a baby,
My Mama told me, "Son,
Always be a good boy,
Don't ever play with guns,"
But I shot a man in Reno,
Just to watch him die,
When I hear that whistle blowin',
I hang my head and cry. ~ Folsom Prison Blues
File this under Not the Least Bit Surprised. You own the world's most famous mercenary army, Blackwater (now called Xe). Your people have allegedly gotten away with murder and child prostitution in Iraq. You are a religious fanatic with an Aryan taint and Christian megalomaniac. You find out that some of your former employees have turned state's evidence and are spilling your beans to the Feds. What do you do?
The two men claim Blackwater’s owner, Erik Prince, may have murdered or facilitated the murder of individuals who were cooperating with federal authorities investigating the company. ~ Democracy Now!
Maybe, you decide to snuff the stoolies, silencing them while at the same time making an example of them. Why not? Hell, with God on your side anything is possible.
I feel irrational, so confrontational
To tell the truth I am getting away with murder
It is impossible to never tell the truth
But the reality is I'm getting away with murder ~
Getting Away With Murder

No comments: