Thursday, March 03, 2011

Wisconsin Police State, Part 2

I could not walk through the building unless I was accompanied by both a staffer and a police officer, every single step of the way to my representative's office. I was told that I would not be allowed to use the restroom without a police officer in attendance. ~ Talking Points Memo
The State Capitol building in Madison, Wisconsin has become a place that is hard to envision. To merely enter the Capitol on the "peoples business" requires passing through a gauntlet that would have embarrassed Joe Stalin.

Gov. Scott Walker has made democracy so difficult that several legislators actually moved their offices outside the building.
The sight of stern-faced thugs in police uniforms blocking access to public buildings ought to chill the blood of all Americans. See also Substance News.

No comments: